Patient Grievance Policy
Whenever possible, Growing Child Pediatrics attempts to resolve patient questions or concerns quickly and informally. If this is not possible, patients are afforded the opportunity to file a formal grievance. Because physicians and staff members are usually the first point of contact for patients, all Growing Child Pediatrics employees have an understanding of the organization’s grievance procedures.
The following is the formal method you can use to seek answers or resolutions of your grievances.
- Address your grievance about quality of care to the Director of Nursing and Patient Care, at (919) 488-0015 ext 1019.
- Address your grievance about your bill to the Director of Billing and Insurance, at (919) 488-0015 ext. 1103.
- If your grievance involves quality of care, the Director of Nursing and Patient Care will refer your grievance to the appropriate utilization and quality control peer review organization, at their next regularly scheduled meeting. The Director will provide a written notice of the practice’s decision within 10 days.
- If your grievance involves billing information, the Director of Billing will investigate and will provide a written notice of the practice’s decision within 10 days.
- If you are not satisfied with the response of the Director of Nursing and Patient Care or the Director of Insurance and Billing, you may submit a written grievance to the Practice’s General Manager who will after review and investigation provide a written notice of the practice’s decision within 10 days.
- If you are not satisfied with the response of the General Manager, you may submit your grievance in writing to the Practice’s Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees will provide a written notice of their decision within 30 days after their regularly scheduled meeting that occurs at least 10 days after receipt of your complaint.
Address all written correspondence to the attention of the appropriate person, Director of Nursing and Patient Care, Director of Billing and Insurance, General Manager, or Board of Trustees at:
Growing Child Pediatrics
11130 Capital Blvd
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Please fully explain the essential facts of this complaint. What health plan service did you not receive? What was wrong with the service received? What billing issues do you have? Explain who, what, where, when, and how. Please attach photocopies of any correspondence you received from the plan, and any other documents that you believe support your complaint. Attach additional paper, if more space is needed. (dates of service & provider information are required.)