Find a pediatrician that will treat your kids like their family.
Your Growing Child Pediatrics team is committed to keeping you and your loved ones safe. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation for weeks and we have taken appropriate precautions during this uncertain time. As our governor makes plans to slowly reopen our state, we feel it is time that we slowly return to our normal operations as well.
Beginning Monday, May 4th Well Child Checks May Be Scheduled For Patients Of Any Age Between 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
We want to share with you all the steps that we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff so that you feel comfortable reentering our clinic doors. We feel strongly that hand hygiene and appropriate social distancing are key components to slowing the spread of this virus.
- Well Child Checks will be seen during our morning hours of 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and Sick Visits will be seen during our afternoon hours of 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Every person will enter through our front door screening area. A staff member some screening questions and provide you with a face mask and hand sanitizer. (Due to the nationwide shortage of face masks, please arrive with your own personal mask if you are able.)
- During morning Well Child Check hours, no patients or visitors will be permitted to enter the clinic if they have any respiratory symptoms (such as cough or congestion) or fever.
- Chairs in our waiting room will be arranged to ensure a distance of 6 feet between each chair.
- We will sanitize our waiting areas ,exam rooms and our vital signs rooms hourly and between every patient.
- You will be given follow up instructions in your exam room. You will not check out at the front desk.
TeleHealth Video Visits Now Available
Growing Child Pediatrics is dedicated to keeping you and your child healthy and safe during this difficult time. You are now able to speak with a Provider without leaving your home.
Scheduling a TeleHealth visit is as easy as 1-2-3. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Call the location you visit.
- A Scheduler will set up the appointment and email you a link.
- Click the link on your phone, tablet or computer and you and your child will meet face to face with a Provider.
TeleHealth Video Visits are perfect for discussing any health concerns you may have or to determine if an office visit should happen. They are for non-emergency situations. In an emergency, CALL 911.
Dear Parent or Caregiver:
We understand you may be concerned about the spread of a novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. At Duke Health, you and your child’s safety and well-being are our top priority, and we are taking every precaution to help keep your family and all our pediatric patients safe. We appreciate your patience with us as we implement additional visitor restrictions to help prevent the spread of disease.
Before Coming to a Duke Hospital or Clinic
Call ahead before seeking care
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory
illnesses like the flu, including:
- shortness of breath
If you have these symptoms:
- Mild symptoms can be treated at home.
- If your symptoms worsen, call your doctor before going to any medical facility. Your doctor will let you know what to do next and if you need to be seen.
- Schedule a virtual visit 24/7, through Duke Health Anywhere.
Visitor restrictions in place at all hospitals and clinics
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are:
- limiting visitors to one person over the age of 12 for hospital visits and doctor’s appointments at clinic locations.
- screening patients and visitors for symptoms of illness upon arrival
- asking patients and their loved ones with symptoms related to COVID-19 to return home
- providing information about what to do if you have symptoms to prevent the spread of illness
- posting changes on these restrictions to Dukehealth.org
We know family and friends are important members of your child’s care team, and we understand these restrictions may be difficult for your family. We apologize and thank you for your understanding as we work together to keep all our patients and our team members safe.
COVID-19 is similar to other respiratory illnesses like the flu. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Encourage your children to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least
- 20 seconds.
- Discourage them from touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Remain vigilant for any signs of respiratory illness, and limit contact with elderly grandparents or caregivers
- Avoid large gatherings
Expecting an addition to the family? Schedule a Pre-Baby Visit
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting times for any soon-to-be mother, and — as stressful as planning for a new baby can be — we can help alleviate the stress of finding the right pediatrician. We’d love to hear about what you are looking for in a pediatrician and give you a tour of one of our offices. RSVP for a Pre-Baby Visit.
Find a Pediatric Urgent Care or same-day appointment when your child needs it most
We know you don’t need the hassle of a long-scheduling process. Our flexible and friendly pediatrics offices will help you see a healthcare provider quickly when your child needs it the most. Schedule a Same-Day Appointment Learn More
Professional ADHD Treatment Resources from some of America’s Leading Experts
FastBraiin is Growing Child Pediatrics’ in-house ADHD treatment provider, and the largest private practice in the state of North Carolina. Learn how Dr. Jim Poole and his staff of experts can help your family thrive with ADHD. FastBraiin.com
Your family needs a practice that offers comprehensive care. We have you covered.
Find one of our 7 Convenient Growing Child Pediatrics locations
- Growing Child Pediatrics Raleigh
- Growing Child Pediatrics Brier Creek
- Growing Child Pediatrics Clayton
- Growing Child Pediatrics Knightdale
- Growing Child Pediatrics Wake Forest
- Growing Child Pediatrics Zebulon
- Growing Child Pediatrics North Raleigh